About Private Paediatric Physiotherapy for Teenagers
Our private paediatric Physiotherapy service for teenagers is specifically designed for teenagers between the ages of 13-18, that need a bit of extra support. Our expert Physiotherapists work with you to manage existing conditions and to discourage other conditions from developing or worsening with age.
The service helps to promote independence as your teenager gets older, as well as teaching self-management skills and techniques as appropriate. We can also work with both parents/carers and schools to help encourage good development away from the clinic in order to maximise your teenager’s potential.
Who is Private Paediatric Physiotherapy for?
Our Physiotherapy for Teenagers service has been specifically designed for those aged between 13-18. We help to treat and manage a range of conditions including:
- Joint and/or muscle pain
- Growth causing issues with tight muscles and/or joint restrictions
- Poor stamina, tolerance and/or pain, limiting participation in activities and sports
- Poor posture
- Back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain
- Cerebral Palsy
- Juvenile Idiopathic
The list is not exhaustive, so feel free to get in touch with us about our Teenager Physiotherapy service if you have any questions or concerns about your child.
How We Can Help with Private Paediatric Physiotherapy for Teenagers?
Our team of expert Child Physiotherapists are here to support your teenager, helping them to achieve their full potential as they start to get older and want independence. We use a range of specialist equipment, techniques, and child physiotherapy exercises to help achieve this, as well as providing valuable advice to parents, carers, and schools to encourage development outside of the clinic.
- Positioning and home exercise programme support
- Support and advice regarding equipment
- Posture assessments
- Gait assessments
- Treadmill training
- Electrical Stimulation – use of electrodes on muscles to help with sensory feedback, muscle innervation, and timing
- Flexi Bounce Therapy
- Muscle strengthening
- Whole-body vibration machine to help with reducing spasticity, improving muscle strength and balance, and relaxation
- Access to lycra garments
When to See Us
If you’re not sure whether or not our Private Paediatric Physiotherapy service is right for your teenager, we’ve outlined a few scenarios below that we can help with:
- If your child requires Private Paediatric Physiotherapy to compliment NHS treatments
- If your child is awaiting physiotherapy treatments, but you’d like them to be seen sooner
- If your child is not meeting developmental milestones
- If your child has a medical condition that would benefit from Private Paediatric Physiotherapy
- If your child requires intensive physiotherapy
If one or more of the points above sounds like your teenager, book a complimentary consultation with Therapy Stars today to see how your child could benefit from Private Paediatric Physiotherapy. We simply ask that, before the consultation, you fill in a short questionnaire to help us understand your concerns better.