Therapy Stars Limited
Complaints Handling Policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality therapy service to all our patients but when something goes wrong, we want to know about it and we would be grateful if you would tell us to help us to improve our standards.
We greatly value our relationship with you and we endeavour to address any complaint to your satisfaction.
If you have a complaint (any complaint) then please contact us with the details and we will address it in the way set out below. The point of having this procedure, is so that you know how and when we will respond to you.
If you would like to speak to anyone about a complaint that you have, then please just ring us and you will be passed to the most appropriate member of our team, for an initial discussion.
– If for any reason, we are not in or the most appropriate member of our team is not available, just leave a message and we will call you back as soon as we can but certainly within 1 working day.
– We may, during discussions, ask you to put your complaint in writing to us, as this can often make it easier to address with any other member of the team, as the letter can be passed to them to give context and detail.
If you would prefer (or if you have agreed) to write (by email or letter) then please set out the details of your complaint. It would help if you could detail:
– A brief background leading up to the complaint
– Who was involved
– Precisely what your complaint is
– What action you would like us to take to resolve it
Upon receiving this we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint as soon as we can but certainly within three working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure (by way of a reminder).
We will then investigate your complaint which will normally involve:
– Passing your complaint to the Practice Director to investigate unless of course your complaint is about the Practice Director, in which case the matter will be passed to another member of the team to investigate.
– Completing our investigation within one week of receiving the complaint.
If at all possible (and if appropriate) we will invite you to discuss the issue. Our aim being to:
– Resolve all complaints in a fashion that is amicable and to the satisfaction of all
– Learn from the process.
– Retain our relationship with you.
We do however accept that unfortunately not all complaints will result in a satisfactory conclusion, and if we are unable to do this then we will either:
– Arrange for an independent person within the practice or an appropriate alternative such as another Chartered Physiotherapist to review the matter.
– Suggest that you contact the Health Professions Council.