About Child Physiotherapy
Who Child Physiotherapy is For?
Our Child Physiotherapy service is suitable for children aged 4-12 years old. The service benefits a wide range of conditions, needs, and concerns, including:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Developmental delay
- Not keeping up with peers physically
- Poor balance or coordination
- Struggling to master high-level skills such as running, standing on 1 leg, jumping with 2 feet, riding a bike
- Deteriorating skills, including poor handwriting and fine motor skills
- Poor posture or an inability to stand for periods of time
- Complaints of pain in the back, neck, or shoulders
Post-injury rehabThe list is not exhaustive, so feel free to get in touch with us about our Child Physiotherapy service if you have any questions or concerns about your child.
How We Can Help With Child Physiotherapy
Our team of qualified Child Physiotherapists are here to support you and your child,
helping them to achieve their full potential. We use a range of specialist treatments and child physiotherapy exercises, as well as providing both parents and carers, and schools with advice to encourage development outside of the clinic.
- Treadmill training
- Muscle strengthening
- Posture assessment
- Flexi Bounce Therapy
- Whole body vibration machine to help with reducing spasticity, improving muscle strength and balance, and relaxation
- Dynamic Movement Intervention (DMI) therapy
- Neuro-muscular Electrical Stimulation – use of electrodes on muscles to help with sensory feedback, muscle innervation, and timing
- Advice to schools regarding positioning, posture, activities, and child physiotherapy exercises to encourage
- Advice regarding a child’s transition between school settings
- Advice regarding extra-curricular activities, clubs, and sports
- Provision of Lycra garments
When to See Us
If you’re not sure whether or not Child Physiotherapy is right for you and your child, we’ve outlined a few scenarios below that we can help with.
- If your child requires physiotherapy to compliment NHS treatments
- If your child is awaiting physiotherapy treatments, but you’d like them to be seen sooner
- If your child is not meeting developmental milestones or you’re concerned about their overall development
- If your child has a medical condition that would benefit from Child
- If your child requires intensive physiotherapy
If this sounds like your child or your concerns, book a complimentary consultation with us today to see how your child could benefit from Child Physiotherapy. We simply ask that, before the consultation, you fill in a short questionnaire to help us understand your concerns better.