Starlets Baby development and sensory group.
Starlets baby development and sensory sessions work to help engage your baby’s senses through a range of age appropriate activities and sensory experiences. These will include activities relating to different themes, for example stories, songs and topics such as space and colours. The Starlets group is suitable for babies/children who are pre-walkers (0-18 months).
Why Physiotherapist and Play Specialist led?
Each session is led by a qualified children’s Physiotherapist as well as a Play Specialist. The Physiotherapist will be experienced in handling and positioning babies and children in order to provide them with the best opportunities to enhance and improve their motor skills and work towards their developmental milestones. The Physiotherapist may also be able to advise you if you have any questions or concerns regarding your child’s development, including whether a full Physiotherapy assessment would be indicated.
Our Play Specialist is experienced with providing sensory and messy play resources and using themed sessions to engage both child and parent. They will also have experience regarding the development of babies and children and how each child can be encouraged to explore the environment around them through the Starlet sessions and beyond.
Why Sensory Play?
Sensory play has many benefits. It supports language development, cognitive growth, motor skills, problem solving skills, and social interaction. Your baby will gain more self-awareness as well as awareness of others and the world around them.
Opportunities for your baby to play and explore in a variety of positions during the sessions will help to encourage your child’s motor development, as well as their co-ordination. Your baby’s communication and language skills will improve through the use of songs and rhymes during the themed sessions. Most importantly, your child will be working towards their first milestones whilst having a fun-filled experience.
What to expect:
- Physiotherapist and Play Specialist led sessions
- 6-week block of 45 minute themed sessions
- Small group size- maximum of 6 babies in each group
- Fun, relaxed and friendly atmosphere
- Each 6-week block costs £36.
- Please contact us for information regarding reductions for siblings/multiples.
- Every block must be paid in full prior to the start date. This is in order to confirm you and your baby’s place.
- Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Current attendees will be given the opportunity to rebook at the end of each 6-week block, before we advertise any group spaces.